Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Victoria Bush Fire Appeal

How devastating is the Bush Fires in Victoria. I can't believe there has been so many lives lost. I'm sure you are all aware of Coles and their part in helping the victims of the bush fires.

This Friday 13th February, Coles is donating all of their profits to the Bush Fire Appeal. I don't normally shop at Coles but this Friday I will make a special effort and shop their. As every bit helps.

I know that if we all just dig a bit into our budgets that we would find a little extra change that we could give to this appeal. Or maybe this is the excuss you have been waiting for to go through your cupboards and clean out all of your clothes. As I am sure anything would be appreciated.

Our prayers are with the victims and families.

2 comments:

Lelli said...

I hve already gone through my cupboards and have a bag of clothes ready to donate to those who have lost everything.
My little part plus your little part and someone elses little part all can help make a bigger part to help those who have nothing.
So dig a little deeper this week to help those who no longer have a home to go to or a family to hug. It won't hurt but it may make you feel a little better knowing that you helped just a little.

Anonymous said...

I am very sad about the bushfire. at my school i am in the studentcouncil and organised to collect clothes from whole school.but the principal sad no because you just need money but not clothes but people from QLD floods might need them