Monday, May 25, 2009

I Just want to Scrap and Sew.......

Well I must say that I am now totally over my brace/ splint I have to wear. I have put a photo of it so you can see how fantastic it is..... NOT. I deceided to go scrapbooking on Sunday and well my head is saying do this do that but my hands say "What Ever, Your Dreaming".



My mum was only talking to me today and really put things in perspective. Imagine someone who hasn't walked in years finally is told there is a cure and is able to walk again. Imagine the pain they would go through to get their muscles working again. Though I'm sure they would be excited and would do anything to walk, It just makes you really appreciate what you have.

The reason I say this is it has only been 5 weeks since my operation and I can bearly move my wrist 1-2 cms. I am either going to have an extremely strong right hand after all of this or I will end up with RSI. LOL
I JUST WANT THE USE OF MY HAND BACK.......

I have finished my mum's Mothers Day present but will post photos after I give it to her next week, I hope she likes it. I have a few more projects on the go. I am so addicted to my new hobby - quilting, stitchery, applique gee just anything to do with the sewing machine. What a great time to have my operation..........

Now I am off to Brisbane in a week and will be visiting a shop that sells ribbon really really cheap. I came across this place some time ago. Now I have put some photos of some ribbon I have bought there but I can't remember all the prices and I really can't remember all the ribbons I bought there. So if you would like me to pick you up some ribbon or you just want to give me some money and let me pick some lengths for you (that could be scarey) then shoot me an email. I will need to know before the 1 - 2 June. The large Ric Rac here is about 2cm wide and around $2/metre. Yes you read right. I think the stitched ric rac was around $1.75/m. Tey even have lace.



Kirsty took this photo of a quilt at The Quilters Shack last week, I think I am going in to get the pattern. I just love this quilt. I thought I'd make it for Makayla.


1 comment:

Linda M said...

Sandra,just be patience - hard as it is.
I love that quilt, I saw it at the show - maybe you could do 2 (one each for us!!!).
Might have to get some of that ribbon, I presume it is the one Kerry was making us all envious about on Sunday!!! Will have some but will organise it on Friday night.
Linda