Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February already

Well so much has happened in the last week. Kirsty returned to school last week. Was a sad day for me as I really enjoyed having the girls at home this holiday and as always it went all too quickly. We had a great relaxing holiday. Makayla didn't end up starting Kindy last week as the Kindy she is going to is not quite finished. Sort of good for me as I get to have her home just a little bit longer. Not sure if I am ready to send her off to school just yet. Though she is very excited about starting, so come beginning of March she will either be over the wait or over excited. Time will only tell.
I have started a few projects already and at times not sure which one I should do. I have started making Kirsty leg warmers for winter. I am starting now as it will probably take me till winter to knit them up. I just hope she likes them when they are done. Shall keep you all posted on my progress. I am also still working on my curtains for my kitchen and dining rooms. We didn't get to renovate these rooms over Christmas so my plan is to have them totally completed by Christmas this year as hopefully we will be painting the kitchen, dining, lounge and my scrapbook rooms, all in one go. The girls rooms look so good that I can't wait until we get the rest of the house done.
Makayla celebrated her 4th birthday on Sunday. Where have the years gone I ask. We took her and some friends to Krazy Maze for her party. I have no idea why I have not done this before. I just had to organise a cake they did the rest - even lolly bags. All the children had a fantastic time and what made her birthday even more special was that her Grandma and Grandad came up from Brisbane to share it with her. She is a very lucky girl to have such great Grand-parents in Brisbane and Bundaberg. Makayla got some really great presents this year - she is really spoilt. I was up till 11.30pm on the night before her birthday making her a bean bag. I made one for Kirsty over the holidays and she just loved it and asked for one for her birthday. How could I resist...... She got Barbie's, craft items, numbers chart and books, a Lisa doll that says around 20 different things (which she just LOVES), large Dora Doll (another great hit), a bike from her Aunty Maree and Uncle David (her eyes just lit up when she saw this present) and so much more.
Well best go and do some serious playing with Makayla. She is right into the role playing and Baby play at the moment. They are only little for so long and they only want Mum's to play with them for such a short time.

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY RACHEL. Hope you have a special day. xxxxx


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachael B said...

Happy Birthday Mikayla! Looks like she had a wonderful time.